1. Our Commitment to You
Supportkids Services, Inc. ("Supportkids") wants your online experience with us to fulfill your needs and exceed your expectations for information, safety, and privacy. We know you care about how your personal information is collected, used, and shared, and we are committed to ensuring your privacy as a customer and guest as set forth below.
Supportkids is your one-stop online resource for child support issues. We ask you for information to provide the best online experience possible. Your information allows us to create a personalized experience just for you. With this information, we can direct you to options and content specific to your needs. As we also provide online purchasing capabilities, your credit card number and related information may be necessary to complete online transactions.
Information collected online is often defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable:
- Anonymous information: This is information that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. For example, when you visit our home page, www.supportkids.com, we do not know your name, email address, where you live, or your date of birth. You are anonymous to us. If you never register on our site, we never collect more than anonymous information about you.
- Personally-identifiable information: This is information that lets us know specifics of who you are such as your name, email address, postal address, and information about your situation. With this information, Supportkids can provide personalized and enhanced services not available to anonymous users. When we ask for this information, we tell you why we are asking for it, and what we plan to do with it. For example, we need the information in our online application to be fully prepared to collect your unpaid child support. In most situations, the more information you supply, the higher the quality of your interactive experience, and the better we are able to supply you with quality resources and services.
The choice of how much personally-identifiable information you share with Supportkids is completely up to you. We only receive personally-identifiable information about you if you register on our site and provide the information. We track this information so that you do not have to reenter pertinent parts of it in the future.
3. Our Commitment to Your Family
Like you, we at Supportkids have children of our own and are concerned about their safety when they use the Internet. Because we want you and your family to be safe while visiting our website, we have established the following guidelines for how we interact with children when they access our site:
Consistent with the Federal Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without first requesting parental consent.
Some actions, however, are beyond our control and it is up to the child's parent or guardian to monitor the actions of minors on the Internet and to counsel minors from disclosing information. For instance, we cannot prevent a minor from disclosing his or her age in un-moderated online chat sessions. You, however, can counsel against behavior like this. For more information about protecting the privacy and safety of minors online, we recommend you visit Children's Online Privacy: A Resource Guide for Parents page on the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse site for information and links to additional resources on this subject.
4. What personally identifiable information of yours is collected?
To create a personalized experience and a better match of our solutions to your needs, we may ask you to submit information such as your name and/or email address, as well as information about your current situation. You never have to answer these questions and can decline the information exchange any time. If you choose not to provide requested information, however, we will not be able to provide information specific to your present needs. You will be able to browse the website and access general information on the website without providing any personal information, but customized navigation programs and tailored content will not be available.
Many of the features available within the website are enabled with "cookies." When you visit www.supportkids.com, we will assign your Internet browser (such as Firefox® or Microsoft Internet Explorer) a unique identification number stored in a file on your computer called a "cookie." Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover your identity or information about you. This unique identification number automatically identifies your browser, not you, to our computers when you interact on one of our Internet sites.
If you do register on the website, we will collect and maintain all of the information that you have submitted. This information may include your name, address, email address, social security number, age, information regarding your children, and other demographic information. We maintain this information for business purposes and will use it in the ways discussed below.
5. How is the information used?
Our website has been designed to create personalized services for people who choose to use them. We use the information you provide to help you solve a problem, such as what to do about unpaid child support. The nature of the information we provide is specific to your circumstances. The information we request is used to provide you with choices and solutions.
If we determine that Supportkids or another affiliated company can provide products or services matching your specific needs, we may share your information with these affiliated companies so that they may provide you with information about a specific product that may be useful to you. Supportkids is affiliated with several companies that provide a range of products and services that may benefit you.
From time to time, as marketing opportunities arise with trusted third-party companies, Supportkids may share your name, address, or email address after a review of the offers and methods of delivery. Sharing information will be done only through reputable third parties who have safeguards in place. Supportkids screens all companies who request information and reserves the right of refusal on any opportunity if the third party does not meet certain standards. Supportkids will also cross-market between its affiliated companies and others.
You will always be given the opportunity to decline or "opt-out" from receiving this information. We will monitor actions of our site users to determine what our customers do and do not want.
If you choose to receive periodic email notices from us, we will send emails pertaining to new Supportkids information, products, services, and partnerships. We will send information in every email that will tell you how to remove yourself from the email list.
6. Information distribution
If you are providing personally identifiable information within a registration page, it will only be used within our website or that of an affiliated company as noted above.
Although unlikely, Supportkids may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide personally identifiable information to appropriate governmental authorities. If requested as part of a legal proceeding, we will provide this information upon receipt of the appropriate documentation. We will never do this as a standard course of action, and we will attempt to be judicious in providing such information.
Information you provide while using products such as message boards and chat rooms is available for all users to see. Please use discretion when entering personally identifiable information within such forums. Such information may be collected by third parties and result in a source of unwanted email. Supportkids does not associate any information entered in our message boards or chat rooms with customer records.
7. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under the company's control?
Supportkids operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced, and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
All data transmissions on our site are encrypted before they are sent, either to you from us or from us to you. We do this to ensure that no one can intercept your transactions with us and read this information.
- Limitations of Warranties and Remedies. To the full extent allowed by law, Supportkids disclaims all warranties, terms or conditions, express or implied, either in fact or by operation of law, statutory or otherwise, including warranties, terms, or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and warranty of noninfringement. Supportkids neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any other liability in connection with the sale and use of its goods or services. In no event will Supportkids be liable for any incidental, consequential, punitive or special damages, including, without limitation, lost profit or revenues, even if Supportkids has, or should have had, any knowledge, actual or constructive, of the possibility of such damages.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Supportkids and its officers and employees (the "Supportkids Parties") against any and all third party claims, suits, costs, losses, liabilities, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that the Supportkids Parties may incur arising out of or resulting from the use of the website or any of the products and services of Supportkids.
- Additional Provisions Regarding Liability. You and Supportkids agree that the foregoing limitations will not be read so as to limit any liability to an extent that would not be permitted under applicable law and specifically will not limit any liability for gross negligence, intentional tortious, or unlawful conduct or damages for strict liability that may not be limited by law.
All notices shall be sent to:
Supportkids Services, Inc
P.O. Box 18988
Austin, TX 78760-8988
9. Additional Information
- Choice/Opt-Out. Any customer may opt out of receiving email communications from Supportkids at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transition. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.